||Albert A. Gile |
||Jasper County, Iowa [1, 2]
||18 Jun 1900
||Liscomb township, Marshall County, Iowa 
||18 Sep 2014 |
- # Battin, Judge William and F. A. Moscrip, "Albert Alonzo Gile," Past andPresent in Marshall County, Iowa (Indianapolis, IN.: B. F. Bowen & Co.,1912).
"One of the best known and most successful members of this family isAlbert Alonzo Gile, who was born in Jasper county, Iowa, September 13,1857, the son of William Fletcher Gile, who was born in Boone county,Indiana, August 21, 1833, the son of Jacob and Elizabeth (Hacker) Gile,the former born in Ohio in 1807, and the latter's birth also occurred inthe Buckeye state, in 1808. From there they moved to Boone county,Indiana, about 1831, in the early pioneer days, and they landed in Jaspercounty, Iowa, on October 8, 1857, and there the death of the elder Gileoccurred on August 4, 1863; his widow went to Nemaha county, Nebraska,where her death occurred on March 22, 1874. They were the parents of fivesons and four daughters, three of whom are living at this writing. In anearly day Jacob Gile hauled freight from Cincinnati to Lebanon, Indiana.He was a wagon maker by trade. In politics he was a Whig, but laterbecame a Republican. He and his wife were members of the MethodistEpiscopal church and active in the same, in fact, Mr. Gile was a localminister.
- [S922] 1870 Jasper Co., IA Census.
- [S1134] 1900 Marshall Co., IA Census.
- [S1134] 1900 Marshall Co., IA Census, State Iowa, County Marshall, Liscomb township, s.d. 5, e.d. 113, Sheet No. 9B, 18 June 1900 by George W Biersborn, line 60, 176/177 GILE Albert A Head WM Sept 1857 42 M [# years married blank] Indiana Indiana Indiana Farmer Rents Farm, Margaret F Wife WF Sept 1858 41 M 4/6 [# years married blank] Ireland Ireland Ireland.
- [S2198] Jasper County, Iowa Marriage and Anniversaries, Groom Index G, noted 12 September 2004, GRILS, Wilson F / LUCKY, Angelina by Jesse Rickman 19 Feb 1855 pg. 65.