1927 - 1993 (65 years)
||Harold Leroy Anderson |
||31 Mar 1927
||Grinnell, Poweshiek County, Iowa 
||World War II
||Worked 20 years at Maytag, Newton
||19 Jan 1993
||Kellogg, Jasper County, Iowa [1, 2]
||23 Jan 1993
||Hazelwood Cemetery, Grinnell, Poweshiek County, Iowa 
||18 Sep 2014 |
||Clark "Shorty" Anderson, b. 30 Jul 1888, Brooklyn, Poweshiek County, Iowa , d. 17 May 1973, Grinnell, Poweshiek County, Iowa (Age 84 years) |
||Areatha Alice Shill, b. 15 Dec 1892, near Kellogg, Jasper County, Iowa , d. 15 Apr 1966, Grinnell, Poweshiek County, Iowa (Age 73 years) |
||18 Feb 1916
||Newton, Jasper County, Iowa [3, 4]
noted 2 May 2011
record title: Iowa Marriages, 1809-1992
groom's name: Clark Anderson
groom's birthplace: Iowa
bride's name: Aretha Shill
bride's birth date: 1891
bride's birthplace: Iowa
bride's age: 25
marriage date: 18 Feb 1916
marriage place: Newton, Ia.
groom's father's name: Ed Anderson
groom's mother's name: Mary Hollsworth
bride's father's name: Dulin Shill
bride's mother's name: Della Weith
groom's race: White
groom's marital status: Single
bride's race: White
bride's marital status: Single
indexing project (batch) number: M75301-3
system origin: Iowa-VR
source film number: 1863448
| ||1. (Living)|
| ||2. Wanda Jean Anderson, b. Abt 1954, Grinnell, Poweshiek County, Iowa , d. 9 May 2008, Piedmont Medical Center, Rock Hill, South Carolina (Age ~ 54 years)|
||18 Sep 2014 |
- Publication Date: January 22, 1993, Source: The Des Moines Register,Page: 5. Obituary: Harold L. Anderson, 65, of Kellogg died of cancerTuesday at Grinnell General will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at SmithFuneral Home in Grinnell. Burial will be in Hazelwood Cemetery there.Mr. Anderson, who retired from Maytag Co. in Newton last year, was bornin Grinnell and moved to Kellogg in 1971. He is survived by his wife,Ada; a daughter, Wanda Ketteman of Fort Mill, S.C.; a son, Roger ofWinnebago, Minn.; a sister, Lucille Anderson of Oskaloosa; four brothers,Robert of Newton and William, Webb and Eddie, all of Grinnell; and threegrandchildren. Friends may call from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. today at thefuneral home. Memorial contributions may be made to American CancerSociety.
Obituary of Harold L. Anderson [handdated 1993]
Harold L. Anderson, 65, of Kellogg died Tuesday, Jan. 19. Funeralservices were conducted Saturday at the Smith Funeral Home in Grinnell,with the Rev. John Epperson, pastor of the Grinnell Christian Church,officiating. Organist was Margaret Wheeler. Pallbearers were Andrew,David, Jerry, Larry and Michael Anderson and Randy Ahrens. Honorarybearers were Eugene and Richard Anderson, Steve Meldrem, Jack Morrison,Russell Petersen, John Savage and Rod Van Soelen. Burial was inHazelwood Cemetery. The son of Clark and Aretha Schill (sic) Anderson,he was born March 31, 1927, in Grinnell. He recieved his educationhere. He was married to Ada M. Ahrens April 18, 1953, in Montezuma. Thecouple lived in Grinnell before moving to rural Kellogg in 1971. Mr.Anderson worked for the Eagles Lodge and Russ' Tavern in Grinnell beforeworking for Maytag in Newton. He retired in May 1992 after 22 years atMaytag. He was a former member of the Grinnell Eagles Lodge. Survivingare his wife; two children, Roger of Winnebago, Minn., and Wanda Kettemanof Fort Mill, S.C.; one sister, Lucille Anderson of Oskaloosa; fourbrothers, William of Grinnell, Robert of Newton, Webb of Grinnell andEddie of Grinnell; and three grandchildren. He was preceded in death byhis parents; one brother, Everett; and a sister, Margaret Walker.
- [S1712] Obituary of Harold L. Anderson .pdf, (noted 29 July 2005).
- [S1578] Social Security Death Index online, Harold L ANDERSON 31 Mar 1927 19 Jan 1993 50135 (Kellogg, Jasper, IA) (none specified) 485-16-3615 Iowa.
- [S1575] Clark Anderson services Held.
- [S4514] Iowa, Marriages, 1809-1992.